The International Competitive Fund
Do you have a great business idea from anywhere in the world?
New Enterprise Ireland Fund Offers €50k seed money to plant and grow your start-up in Ireland.
Enterprise Ireland is opening a new seed fund offering €50k seed investments for mobile start-up companies, from anywhere in the world, to locate in Ireland in return for an equity stake.
The International Competitive Start Fund (CSF) is a competition open to globally ambitious start-ups from anywhere in the world.
Under the competitive fund, up to 10 winners will receive €50k seed funding as well as top-class business development support from Enterprise Ireland.
Applications to the fund will be accepted online from August 24th to September 7th.
The best 20 applicants will be invited and sponsored to pitch in Cork, Ireland on November 18 at The Global Startup Gathering, a celebration of the global start-up community.
Full details on the fund and eligibility criteria are available here
Enterprise Ireland is the government organisation responsible for the development and growth of Irish enterprises in world markets. It works in partnership with Irish enterprises to help them start, grow, innovate and win export sales in global markets. In 2015, Enterprise Ireland invested in 217 start-ups 35 of those were international start-ups.
- 9 of the world’s top 10 medical technology companies, such as Boston Scientific and Medtronic.
- 8 of the top pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer and Amgen.
- 3 of the top 5 games companies, such as EA and Activision.
- 9 out of 10 world-leading technology and internet companies such as Facebook and Google.
- 15 of the top 20 world-leading Life Science companies for like Abbott Laboratories and Allergan.
- Over 50% of the world’s leading Financial Services firms like JP Morgan Chase and HSBC among others.
Ireland has a strong, educated, English speaking workforce who are adaptable and flexible. It is situated on the edge of mainland Europe, which makes it ideal for exporting and importing. Companies who run operations in
Ireland can greatly benefit from the low corporation tax of 12.5%.